When starting the PUMA Cloner software, an error message appears and blocks your access to the tool.
The USB connection is not working properly between your box and your machine:
A. As a follow up to the first installation, we invite you to:
- Update your machine with the latest version of Windows available.
- Always being connected to the Internet, reinstall the drivers, they are provided in each installation executable.
B. After a current use, we invite you to:
- Restart your machine.
- Disconnect and then reconnect the USB plug connecting your box to your machine.
- Change the USB port, prioritizing a direct connection to a port on the motherboard at the back of the machine, without using an extension cord or USB hub.
- Reinstall the drivers, they are provided in each installation executable.
To check the installation and detection of the box, you must find it in the device manager in "Ports (COM and LPT)" category under the name "Recoveo CDC Disk drive power".
NB. The COM number in brackets does not affect the proper functioning of the box.